Wednesday, October 31, 2012

1" high vinyls!

So a while back I bought one of the Vinylmation necklaces, it was an inch high and it gave me the perfect idea for so many customs. But first I tested making copies of it, the necklace was costly for something so small so I didn't want to loose the original in testing on it. I made a mould of it and here's the first thing I made with it, I painted it purple, then with black around the bats I'd decided to have on it. and to top it off I went back over the bats with glow in the dark paint
 

 The second thing I made with the mould was this poor thing, a messy snowman LOL! He's quite bad, I made him with this fake snow builder/volume paint I had so he's squidgy yet a little stiff because i covered him in fake snow.


I then toyed with making the mould a few more times, I would make several at a time, the ears are so thin that some of them would break on taking them out of the mould, sometimes all three would come out complete and sometimes only one would. I was left at the end of an hours work with nine little vinyls, I had them all lined up in a row base coating them with paint and a thought clicked in my brain, they looked like the seven dwarves! I set two aside and started painting them each to be the dwarves and before long I had them all done, But there was something, no someone missing, Snow White! With her made I think they looked perfect. I still giggle over how I had them finished just as it was announced that Disney were releasing their own set LOL


Grumpy being Grumpy LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment